Last week I had the privilege of meeting a racing legend - The King, Richard Petty. It is a moment in my career at Best Buy that I will always remember.Richard Petty and Elliott Sadler, who drives the #19 Dodge sponsored by Best Buy, were in the Twin Cities meeting with sponsors and doing a personal appearance at the Mall of America. I was lucky enough to attend a private Meet & Greet where The King and Elliot regaled us with their favorite moments in racing. The King said he sometimes feels like he could still race competitively. Elliot talked about his first win at Bristol. They also both assured us that they have high expectations for the remainder of the Sprint Cup season.
The highlight of the day was this picture, which was followed by an authograph signing. I asked The King to sign a miniature from his character in the movie Cars for my son, Michael - he is a big fan. The King obliged while commenting, "More people know me from the dang Cars movie than from my racing." I hope it is something Michael will cherish.