Its really wierd to think that Addie is going to Kindergaten next week. I've spent some time at school this week- last night was a K mixer with our First Family host, today was the K picnic and then the infamous 'paperwork day'.
The picnic was not much fun for me as I basically chased Mac around for an hour so I didn't really get a chance to talk to anyone. Addie however, found her old pal from the K Round-Up, Lizzie. Turns out she is in Addie's class, and at her same table.
Mrs. Sable is her teacher, and she's labeled everything as Adeline Perez. Huh. I guess I missed the space on the form that said she goes by Addie. Mrs. Sable says she'll call her Addie. Who knows, maybe she'll like going by Adeline.
Funny too, Addie suddenly beacame this shy little girl! There were many older siblings there and a bunch of her classmates knew each other already. She was slow to engage, and very shy with Mrs. Sable. She found Lizzie though and jumped right into the mix.
The afternoon was spent filling out forms, getting carpool lane number (#196) and learning all about Chess Club, school fundraisers, school uniforms, lunch balance, etc. etc. Is this really me?
I updated the family calendar tonight with all the forthcoming activities, Annunciation Marathon, Septemberfest, Parents' Night, days off, etc, etc, etc. Really?
But really, what a great community we are joining. I know lots of faces from the pews on Sunday and Sunday School Co-op, but this is our new family now. Hours spent, checks cashed, its all good. And yes, Clint has already signed Addie up for the Chess Club. Good thing its on Tuesday, 'cause Ski Club is on Wednesday ;-)