Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Glitter!


Yesterday was a big day for me! I wen to the Dr. to get my cast off, remove the stitches and get a new walking cast for the next 4+ weeks. Not sure that Clint felt so good when we finally got to see what was under the pink monster.
There were 2 ports from the arthroscopic part of the surgery and then a 6" incision up the outside of my ankle. The doc said it looked great- I thought it looked like a dried up caterpillar. The weirdest part was that may ankle scar was gone!! I've had that scar since I was little, maybe 4 or 5? I remember it - which says I lot because I don't have too many of those. I've always had- and now I don't.
Here is a picture of my new cast. Amy cried because she wanted it to be orange with pink dots. I didn't want to look like a traffic cone, so I opted for green. What you cannot see, is that it is covered in glitter :-)
Posted by Picasa