Sunday, February 01, 2009

Her Father's Daughter Part II

Chili has been a Super Bowl tradition in our house ever since I can remember. I make it every year and Polly and I sit in front of the TV with a bottle of wine and eat chili. Luckily our kids love chili too, so it is also a staple in our diet during the winter. This year we're going over to a friends house to watch the Super Bowl with some co-workers and all of our kids, so I won't get a chance to make it as I usually do (our contribution to the party this year is meatballs cooked in a crock pot with ketchup and grape jelly).

So, as I sat with the kids this morning at breakfast, I asked them what they thought about having chili for lunch, to which Addie responded, "if we're gonna have chili, you're going to need a sweatshirt!"